European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) NW Operational Programme 2007 - 2013
The North West Operational Programme has been allocated £560 million by the European Union, to invest in the region between 2007 and 2013 and the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) are responsible for managing the Programme. The funding is provided to boost the regions economic performance, investing to increase innovation, growth, competitiveness and employment.
The ERDF Programme is organised into five priority areas:
Priority 1: Stimulating Enterprise and Supporting Growth in Target Sectors and Markets
Priority 2: Exploiting Innovation and Knowledge
Priority 3: Creating the Conditions for Sustainable Growth
Priority 4: Growing and Accessing Employment
Priority 5: Technical Assistance
Click here for the full North West Operational Programme Document setting out the strategy of the programme and other documents of interest.
Greater Manchester ERDF Technical Assistance Team
The Greater Manchester ERDF Technical Assistance Team’s role is to support the development of ERDF activity in Greater Manchester (GM) through the North West Operational Programme 2007-2013 (NWOP).
Working closely with the GM LEP, Local Authorities and other public & private partners, the team :
- Support the Strategic Input of GM LEP – by ensuring that Greater Manchester has the correct strategic input to the development and delivery of the NWOP and maximise the quality of the programme and the contribution the NWOP makes to delivery of the Greater Manchester Strategy (GMS).
- Support Applicants in Developing ERDF Eligible Projects – by supporting project applicants to ensure an integrated and coordinated approach to a cohesive programme of projects coming forward. Acting as the first point of contact for project applicants and liaising with Project Development Team at CLG, providing 1:1 project development support as required on the rules and regulatory requirements for ERDF funding, signposting projects where appropriate to business, HEI and voluntary sector specific support through the TA projects etc
- Manage the process for prospective ERDF applicants to seek endorsement from the Greater Manchester LEP in consultation with its strategic advisors.
- Supporting the Delivery of ERDF Communications – by providing general information, advice and guidance on the ERDF programme through regular briefings and events.
- Capturing Lessons Learnt and Best Practice – best practice and lessons learnt through the current programme will be captured and incorporated into post 2013 programme.
The GM Technical Assistance Team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for ERDF in Greater Manchester
The remaining ERDF available through the NWOP will be allocated through ‘Open Calls’ issued by the DCLG.
Information relating to current calls can be accessed via clicking on the following link to CLG’s website.
If you are considering applying for ERDF funding please contact the GM Technical Assistance team. The team can provide project development support along with advice and guidance on ERDF eligibility and fit with the call specification.
CLG require applicants seeking ERDF funding for projects that will be based or operate in Greater Manchester to have their project proposal endorsed by the Greater Manchester Local Enterprise Partnership. Any requests for endorsement from the GM LEP should, in the first instance, be directed to the GM Technical Assistance team via our e-mail address (email@example.com)
Events and Briefings:
The team produce regular updates to partners in Greater Manchester on new developments and emerging calls. Links to the previous briefings can be found in the related documents section on this page. If you would like to receive these updates in the future please send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.